- What is a pickup game?
A pickup is an organized game of Tribes where two captains take turns picking teams from the pool of players until the player limit is reached. Pickups are the closest thing we have left to competition as there are not currently enough players to support a ladder. We play both Base and LT pickups. For LT pickups there are several player queues based on skill level and "seriousness".
- How do I play in an LT pickup?
LT pickup games are organized via a Discord bot in the #base-and-lt channel. To play in an LT pickup you will need to:
How do I play in a Base pickup?
- Join the Starsiege: Tribes Discord.
- Talk to an admin to get the appropriate Discord roles added.
- Type !add in #base-and-lt to join the game queue(s)
- Once 10 people sign up the bot will select two captains and they will pick teams. Once teams are picked two voice channels will be created in the Discord.
- Join your captain's voice channel on the Discord server.
- Join the appropriate Tribes server, typically we play on the PU server but if there are multiple games being played at the same time we might play on an alternate server.
Base pickups are organized on Sunday nights in Rosco's Mixtape 1999 at 9pm eastern/6pm pacific.
If you are not picked to play the first map you will definitely be picked to play the second map (or third etc.)Where can I learn the LT meta?
- Join Rosco's Mixtape 1999 around 9pm eastern/6pm pacific.
- If you have not already, join the Starsiege: Tribes Discord.
- Connect to the general voice chat until teams are picked and if you are picked to play then join your team's voice channel.
The LT meta guide can be found at the bottom of the home page of PlayT1.com